Small Businesses have many resources available to them to assist in their pursuit for success. Most times, it is just a matter for locating those resources. The SBDC is here to help you do just that.
Sacramento MBDA Export Center
Location: 2331 Alhambra Blvd. Suite 100 Sacramento, CA 95817
The Sacramento MBDA Export Center, operated by California Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce, provides technical assistance and business development services to generate increased financing, contract opportunities, and greater access to new and global markets for minority business enterprises (MBEs). The Center is also designed to help identify, screen, promote, and refer MBEs to exporting resources, and to engage in and/or expand exporting.
BERC – Business Enviromental Resource Center
Location: 3331 Peacekeeper Way, Suite 200 McClellan, CA 95652
BERC is a free, confidential, non-regulatory, and business retention resource established by the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors in 1993 in response to business requests for more compliance assistance with existing and expanding business and starting up a new business.
Small Business Administration (SBA)
Location: 6501 Sylvan Road Suite 100 Citrus Heights, CA
The SBA is an independent agency of the federal government designed to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation.
Sierra College Veterans Center
Sacramento State Centers for Small Business
College of Business Administration, Sacramento State
Location: 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819
The CSB offers free technical management assistance in all areas of business other than taxation, law, and loan packaging, to small for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. The services are provided by juniors, seniors, and graduate students under faculty supervision. These students are assigned to work with clients of the CSB as part of their coursework in various classes offered by the College of Business Administration.
Location: 1 Harpst Street, House 71 Arcata, CA 95521
NorCal PTAC assists with research of government agencies who are buying your products and/or service and helps develop marketing strategies and everything else you need to sell to federal state and local government agencies.
SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship.
Northern California World Trade Center (NCWTC)
Location: Sacramento Metro Chamber One Capitol Mall Suite 300, Sacramento CA, 95814
The Northern California World Trade Center serves companies throughout the Northern California mega-region that stretches across the Central Valley, San Francisco Bay Area, the greater Sacramento Metropolitan Region, Sonoma and Napa Valley. The NCWTC can help your business thrive by connecting you with the international, state-wide and local resources you need to succeed in the global market.
Women’s Business Center
Location: 1792 Tribute Rd., Suite 270 Sacramento, CA 95815
The Women’s Business Center is committed to helping entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses through educational workshops, one-on-one assistance, online learning, and connection with local resources. Although their services are available to all, they are committed to meeting the unique needs of women in business.
National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
Location: P.O. Box 189222, Sacramento, CA 95818
NAWBO Sacramento is steadfastly committed to changing the business landscape for women business owners. Able to provide support on a local level, as well as participate in the statewide and national efforts to propel women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power.
- Small Business at USAGov - Official business link to the U.S. Government
- SBDCNet - Business information, help, and examples
- A list of 100 good Small Business Blogs
- The Wall Street Journal has start-up information and databases of businesses for sale and venture capital. Wealth in the form of money or assets, taken as a sign of the financial strength of an individual, organization, or nation, and assumed to be available for development or investment.
- BizBuySell - The Internet's Largest Business for Sale and Franchise for Sale Marketplace
- Inc.com is the website of Inc. Magazine.
- Entrepreneur.com has start-up ideas, resources, and articles.
- Entrepreneurship.org includes “the best of the best” on the web about running a small business.
- FranchiseHandbook.com - A complete franchise resource
- SBA Office of Advocacy has information and ACE-Net, Angel Capital, and Electronic Network.
- SBA's Online Women's Business Center has resources for women entrepreneurs